Search This Blog

Friday, June 12, 2015

Mommy Loves You More than I can Say, Mijo by Endurovet (Poetry)/ Love Letters To Our Children

My heart hiccuped
as I gently opened your bedroom door
& beheld you sleeping
in the same position I had left you in 4 hrs ago…

Were you alright?
Just sleeping soundly,
finally “like a teenager”
even as I puzzled over how you COULD sleep
with the vacuum running downstairs…

I admired your long lean limbs,
the full curve of your sweet lips gently parted,
your tousled hair.

You took my hand & squeezed it
for a long tender moment
as you stretched into consciousness –
that meant the world to me.

I now understand those Victorian poets,
waxing rhapsodic about the merest touch,
feasting my eyes upon you on this,
our last day together for a while.
Mommy loves you more than I can say, mijo.
Endurovet © 2015 Love Letters To Our Children
_Final-copwrite-and-disclaimer-image_Love-Letters-edited-2_edited-2

No comments:

Post a Comment